COVID-19 “Coronavirus” Update: Our offices are closed to walk-ins. Please click this link to get updated information on your rights and how to contact our office.
COVID-19 “Coronavirus” Actualización: Nuestras oficinas estan cerradas al público. Por favor haga clic aquí para información actualizada sobre sus derechos y cómo comunicarse con nuestras oficinas.  


Can CalWORKs help me if I am being evicted or I am homeless?

Yes.  CalWORKs has two programs that can help.  If you have a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit, have court eviction papers, or you are unhoused, homeless assistance may be able to help you.  If you are unhoused now, the welfare department might be able to give you up to 14 days in a motel or provide you with a security deposit and last  month of rent for new permanent housing.  If you have a 3 day notice, you may be able to get two months of rent to stay in your current housing.  You can only get homeless assistance once per year with some exceptions.  One of those exceptions is a disaster like COVID-19. 

Most counties also have the Housing Support Program.  This program can help keep people housed who are participating in Welfare-to-Work.  Each county runs their program differently.  You can ask your county for information about their Housing Support Program.

If you want more information or need help with your case…

Contact us

Disclaimer: None of the information or links provided at this site are legal advice.