Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC) is a federal, state and local-funded legal services program providing civil representation to low-income clients in 23 counties in Northern California.
LSNC has eight local offices, in the following locations and counties:
- Sacramento - Local office serving Sacramento county.
- Auburn - Local office serving Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra counties.
- Chico - Local office serving Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Plumas and Tehama counties.
- Eureka - Local office serving Del Norte and Humboldt counties.
- Redding - Office serving Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou and Trinity counties.
- Ukiah - Local office serving Lake and Mendocino counties.
- Vallejo - Local office serving Solano county.
- Woodland - Local office serving Yolo county.
LSNC also has several special programs targeting particular needs of low-income clients, including:
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) - Special program providing counseling and advocacy services for Medicare Beneficiaries in 9 Northern California counties.
- LSNC Health Program - Special program serving clients in 32 counties, mostly in Northern California, with problems related to obtaining and keeping health-care services.
- Senior Legal Hotline - Special program serving seniors in Sacramento County, regardless of income.
- SeniorLink – Yolo County - Free information and assistance program connecting seniors (60+) in Yolo County to various local service providers
- Voluntary Legal Services Program (VLSP) - A voluntary program for private attorneys serving low-income clients in Sacramento County.
- Western States Pension Assistance Project - Special program providing pension counseling, without charge, to people who live or have worked in Arizona, California, Hawaii or Nevada.