What if I disagree with the school district’s assessment?

You may ask the school district to pay for an independent educational evaluation (IEE). You should submit the request in writing and state that you disagree with the assessment. You are not required to explain why you disagree. The school district must either pay for the IEE, or inform you in writing why it will not pay for the IEE and file for a due process hearing with the state Office of Administrative Hearings. If the school district files for a due process hearing, a neutral, third party administrative law judge will make a decision about whether the school district must pay for the IEE. The school district must prove that the assessment was legally compliant.

If you want free legal information or advice,

Contact us

Disclaimer: None of the information or links provided at this site are legal advice.