I had to quit work because of a disability or to care for family. Can I get unemployment?

Probably not.  If you are temporarily or permanent disabled, you can apply for State Disability Insurance and/or Social Security benefits.  To qualify for Unemployment Insurance benefits you must certify that you are "able and available" to work.  If you are taking care of an ill family member, you might qualify for the Paid Family Leave program. You can find out more about these programs on EDD's website

If you want free legal information or advice,

Contact us

Disclaimer: None of the information or links provided at this site are legal advice.