COVID-19 “Coronavirus” Update: Our offices are closed to walk-ins. Please click this link to get updated information on your rights and how to contact our office.
COVID-19 “Coronavirus” Actualización: Nuestras oficinas estan cerradas al público. Por favor haga clic aquí para información actualizada sobre sus derechos y cómo comunicarse con nuestras oficinas.  

Senior Legal Hotline

The Senior Legal Hotline is a special program within LSNC. Its mission is to provide legal help to protect the dignity, independence, safety, and economic stability of seniors and dependents they serve. The Senior Legal Hotline is funded by the Administration on Aging, Area 4 Agency on Aging, the Sacramento Employment Training Agency, as well as the Sacramento County Dispute Resolution Program.

Several other LSNC offices provide consultations, in-person or by telephone, on a wide range of legal issues affecting people age 60 or older. The Auburn, Chico, Eureka, Redding, Sacramento, Ukiah, Vallejo and Woodland offices provide both in-person and telephone assistance for clients in their respective county service areas.  Update:  As of Monday, March 16th, our offices will be closed to the public (walk-ins).  We are following public health recommendations in response to COVID-19.  We are still accepting new intakes during normal business hours.  Please call our local office for assistance.  If you need accommodations, please see our "Accessibility" section for more information. 

There are also three other LSNC special programs providing legal help to seniors in other California counties: The Western States Pension Assistance Project (which is part of Senior Legal Hotline); HICAP Services of Northern California; the LSNC Health Program; and SeniorLink - Yolo County, a referral service.

View larger map -- Directions

Senior Legal Hotline
Legal Services of Northern California 
515 - 12th Street
Sacramento CA 95814

Toll-free: 800-222-1753
Cases we handle

Housing, estate planning, grandparent’s rights, pension, public benefits.

What to bring

Any documents that relate to your problem (but try to do a phone appointment). Call local office for specific accommodations or assistance.


Call office for specific accommodations or assistance.  If you are deaf or hard of hearing or have conditions that make telephone contact difficult and prefer to contact our office by email, click here


Park on “E” Street (2-hour limit, no meter).


Grievance form for senior cases