- United States Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- California U.S. District Courts
- Federal Court Rules | Other Resources
United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the United States – official site for all the basics: U.S. Supreme Court opinions, orders, rules, docket, calendar, argument transcripts etc.
- Supreme Court Collection @ Cornell
- Oyez – U.S. Supreme Court Multimedia Archive @ Chicago-Kent
- Web Guide to U.S. Supreme Court Research @ LLRX
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit @ 9th Circuit
- Published Opinions – posted the day of release.
- Unpublished Dispositions – memoranda and orders are posted the day of release.
- Audio Recordings of Oral Arguments – posted the day after argument.
- Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure – includes corresponding Ninth Circuit rules and advisory committee notes, in HTML or PDF.
- U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts within Ninth Circuit
- Ninth Circuit Cases and Resources @ FindLaw – include cases back to 1996.
California U.S. District Courts
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
Federal Court Rules | Other Resources
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules @ Cornell
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules @ U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure @ Cornell
- Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure @ Ninth Circuit – includes corresponding Ninth Circuit rules and advisory committee notes, in HTML or PDF.
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure @ Cornell
- Federal Rules of Evidence @ Cornell
- Court Rules, Forms and Dockets @ LLRX – pretty much everything, from soup to nuts!
- Federal Rulemaking @ Federal Judiciary – essential site for status of pending federal court rule changes.
- U.S. Courts @ USCourts.gov – official top-level pages for locating U.S. Supreme Court, Circuit Court, District and Bankruptcy Court resources; includes links to:
- Commonly Used Terms – glossary of federal court terminology.
- County | District Court Locator
- Federal Rulemaking re rules of practice, procedure, and evidence
- Map Index to all Federal Circuits
- PACER Service Center | Electronic Access to Federal Courts
- U.S. Judiciary: The Federal Court System and Decisions @ Law Library of Congress
- Federal Court Opinions @ Cornell – locator for U.S. Supreme, Circuit, Bankruptcy and Special Jurisdiction court cases.
- Federal Practice Manual for Legal Aid Attorneys (2011) @ National Poverty Law Center